On-going projects

If I thought there were many on-going / unfinished projects around before, now there is even more. And if we count in the photoshoot plans etc. not sewing related but otherwise dolly related projects we have even more outstanding number. Challenges for me but nothing I cannot cope with in due course. One by one whistling as you go by.

As I was travelling around last week I couldn’t get the pictures of the new headdress up on Etsy or here. However, here it is. With somewhat similar design as those odd cat headdresses (still coming – teaser on Instagram) and those bunny headdresses already on Etsy. I am yet to decide is this animal or just fluffy or what. Cute in any case and on Etsy. Vanamo (Volks Kurumi) as my model. Her head is one of those “famous” Volks heads, 9-10inch, so the headdress will also go nicely for Pullips and Blythes. Colors used: white (tassels), creamy (headdress), ribbons (black).

Pullip related commission set and a white bunny hat

I finished a commission outfit for Pullip. This nurse outfit + hat were made according to a reference with with certain alterations due to size, fabric and my own visions. I am glad to see it turned out well although I had certain worries as to the sturdiness of the fabric.SAM_4672

Another commission was a soft white bunny hat with a removable bow tie. The hat has one snap fastener to allow it to be fastened under doll’s chin. The red bow tie is removable with a small safety pin to secure it.

Unrelated to dolls is my own project to make a bed cover for my own bed. I wanted something calm and white so I ended up going fabric shopping to see my options. I concluded it would cost around the same if not less to make it myself versus to buy one. So the benefits with uniqueness and the fun of making it/selecting the fabrics sealed my choice. I went for the fabrics – the core of the cover (my fabric choices on Instagram) and the other fabric. Possibly a third quilt fabric for the other side to make it more thick. Now I need to attach the other fabric on the hem of the other, to line the whole thing around. The estimated project size is around 150cm x 240cm.

At the same time two very fluffy animal hats (Lillycat 8-9inch size) and a commission white bunny hat are waiting for inside linings.

With regard to some props. For one, I finally managed to get my doll sized couch around. Additionally I found some other props which I will have to see if they are for my use or if I should offer them for sale as some of the projects I originally got them for aren’t around or relevant anymore. I shall see to that over the coming weekend.

And please check Instagram for occasional project related pictures 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s